Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy to be Home

We got home last night around 9:30pm. It was sort of a late night but much easier than having to travel across the mountains in a car. Cyndi's Aunt Rachel met us at the airport in GJ and let us take her car home to Montrose. It was so nice to be able to sleep in our own beds. Thanks to everyone for taking care of our home and yard while we were away.

Cyndi is doing pretty well. Yesterday was hard, thank God (and the Bromley's) we didn't have to drive. Cyndi actually slept through the night, which was good but it set her back a bit on pain medication. Her incisions are hurting quite a bit, the surgery was definately was more than an appendectomy (she has 5 incisions on her abdomen). I'm just so glad that she is out of the hospital.

Cyndi also wanted to me to remind you that commenting is really easy and she really enjoys reading them. Just click on the "comment" link at the bottom of each post. You can also read older posts by clicking on "older posts" link at the bottom of the page. We have been posting so often that "older posts" aren't really that old. And if you want to view any pictures bigger, just click on them.

6 comments:

Bri said...

yay, you're home! glad to see you made it back and you are doing okay. Your little boy and his room are ADORABLE, i love the verse, and the way you put his name on the wall, cute work.

Marisa said...

Good to see you guys back safe and sound! I'm sure everyone is so relieved to be home (Aidan looks so happy to be back to the familiar)! Hope the healing is going well, Miss Cyndi. See you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are finally home and that you are doing better. Get lots of rest! We are praying for you.
Love,
Anne (Pagett)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Long time no talk or see! I am so so so sorry to hear this news. (your mom can fill you in). She also gave me your phone #. I will call later-she said you are in some pain still. Your son is so cute! Take care
Love,
Taya

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am so glad you are finally home! That's great that you were able to fly. All of the little pics of Aidan from the trip are so cute. I really wish we had taken some at dinner, too! We'll be praying for you as you recover. Talk to you soon!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndi, Jeff and family!

I talked to your mom awhile back when I saw her in City Market and she told me about what's been going on in your guys' life recently. I don't know if you'll remember me, but I met you through the marriage class your parents led at CVVC maybe 3 or so years ago. I also had a couple classes at MSC with your husband.

It was all very shocking because I hadn't known about any of this. I think you guys are such an inspiration to others in the way your attitudes and hearts are of such gratitude even though life is so tough. Be encouraged, because God is definitely not allowing this trial to go in vain-He is using it mightily in others.

I plan on being at your Dinner and Dance Nov. 2nd, hopefully with my whole small group! And, my parents wish they could come but will be in Denver. They are having me take their gift for you since they will be out of town.

You have such a beautiful family, and I want you to know you are in my prayers!!! I'm so proud of you for how well you're doing-you have a ton of people who care about you and your family! I'm so glad that you are able to be home now (and by this time, you've been home for about a month). I also LOVE the verse on the wall in Aidan's room!!! You guys are great parents!!!

Many Blessings,
Kristi Church (and Caleb too!)