Sunday, August 17, 2008

Surgeon Consultation in Denver
August 20, 2008

We (Jeff, Dad, Mom and I) met with the surgeon, Dr. Gonzalez, yesterday in Denver. He confirmed that the type of cancer that I have is very rare. They still don’t know the exact location of the tumor (or tumors). He said he agrees with the other Doctors, in that they all think that there is a source that we need to find. The other possibility is that the lining of my abdomen has tumors on it, however that would be so rare that they would write papers about it if that is the case. So, surgery is scheduled for September 19th at the University of Colorado Hospital in Denver. They will start laparoscopicly and hopefully find it - and then get it all out. That is supposed to last around five hours and would be around a three to five day hospital stay. If they can’t find it laparoscopicly they will have to do a large incision (low chest all the way down) and a more extensive surgery that could last up to 13 hours, with a hospital stay of up to 15 days. If they have to open me up more they might do a chemo wash, they put the chemo right into my abdomen and wash it around for about 90 min. We are all praying that it will be the easy find! I’m standing on the scripture that God has given to me in II Chronicles 20. I know that He is going before me to fight this battle. I know that the doctors can say what they want but God is bigger than any of it and He IS in control. I trust Him. We am really tired and really overwhelmed. I continue to be grateful for you your prayers.

5 comments:

Dad and Mom Williams said...

It all looks so good! You are so smart - you amaze me. Your Mom

The Haifley Family said...

Thanks Mama, I am you don't forget. I love you so much. I don't know what the three of us would do with out you loving us, taking care of us and fighting for us. It is so stress realeaving to know I have a mom and dad that love me enough that they will do anything and go anywhere at anytime.

Leah K said...

Cyndi! What a great idea!!!!! You can be assured that you will be enveloped in prayers.

All our love,
Paul, Leah & Hope Korodaj

Esther said...

Sweet Cyndi... you are in our hearts, minds and prayers. We love so much and you know you can count on us day or night. I know you are being watch and our prayers are being heard. This storm is going to move away and the sun is going to shine again... We are and will be praying for you. Lots and lots of love from all of us to all of you, Tia, uncle Miles, Hibai, Anna and Enrik.

Missy said...

Cyndi-I pray God will continue to keep you in His perfect peace. So glad I know you and your precious family. ER MOM, Missy